11.29.2005

What If Cujo...Was a Goat? From Hell?

Goat Attacks Couldn't Keep Her from Church

from The Town Talk

BOYCE - Ruth Barden said she might have to use a walking cane to get around, but the devil can't keep her out of church - and neither will a goat.

The 80-year-old widow was making her way down the steps in her carport Sunday on her way to play the organ for services at First United Methodist Church of Boyce when she was attacked by a goat that had escaped from her neighbor's pen.

"He is a big, old billy goat. He came up the steps and bucked up on those hind legs and nearly scared me to death," Barden said.

Barden said she fended the goat off with her cane, but he continued to attack.

"He kept trying to head-butt me until I was able to get him off balance by pushing him down the steps with my cane," she said.

She said the goat pursued her around the car until, by the grace of God, she was able to get inside and lock the doors.

"I have a hard time getting around," Barden said. "I don't know how I was able to get in the car that fast. I think God must have picked me up and put me there."

When an officer was dispatched to Barden's house to investigate, he also was attacked by the goat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home