1.07.2006

Thanks, Santa!
[Half-Elf Brd 17]


Chicago World's Fair Poster [my favorite gift]
Darth Vader Case [small plastic zipper bag]
King Kong Poster [small, framed]
Simpsons Clue [v'never played Clue]
Stormwrack: Mastering the Perils of Wind and Wave [environmental D&D book]
12-Inch Gunslinger Spawn [gift to myself]


In the years following our one brief, unforgettable encounter, I would describe her as "Athena meets Metropolis on Acid," but that's all I could recall. I searched and searched but never found her again, never saw her again, never thought I would. But then, on Christmas Day, there she was, just as I remembered, like we were never apart. Awwww...

2 Comments:

Blogger Martini Moon said...

Great poster. It has a religious, mysterious atmosphere. Do you guys collect more posters like this?

Where did you find it?

Kind regards,
Martijn Fransen

www.gossiptalks.blogspot.com

6:34 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

I almost sorta collect posters. My ex had a vintage movie poster business that I ran for a year or two, so through that I still have quite a few posters on my walls, some that are mine (Revenge of the Jedi, Viking Women and the Sea Serpent), some that the ex has let me borrow (Attack of the 50ft Woman, Earth vs. The Flying Saucers), and some that have been bought for me since (Chicago World's Fair, Forbidden Planet).

Most are originals except Planet. I had the original for a long time - it was my favorite poster, and quite valubale ($10k or so) - but one day the ex unborrowed it and took it home. In October, I got a replacement for my birthday, a reproduction of the original. It looks just as cool and means much more. It was my favorite poster again...for about two months, before I opened Chicago.

Although it goes nowhere at the moment, the hyperlink after her and King Kong will link to a little story that will explain a bit more about Chicago, and images of the posters on my walls. I'm trying to finish it to post tonight or tomorrow morning.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home