6.29.2006

3D & D



Dragonlance Animated Movie News

from Cinescape

Toonz Animation, a huge Indian animation company, Commotion Pictures and Epic Level Entertainment are teaming up to produce a Dragonlance animated film to be distributed by Paramount Pictures.

The screenplay was reportedly adapted from Dragons of Autumn Twilight by George Strayton.

Lucy Lawless, who will voice Goldmoon, posted the following on her site:

I just did the voice of an animated cartoon for Paramount, called Dragonlance. Obviously it's a fantasy story, with gods and monsters. I never felt I nailed animated performance before, so wanted to get a handle on it.

I played a character called "Goldmoon," a Native American. We played around with accents awhile. I didn't know she was Native till I got there and so didn't have time to research the accent (not many of those where I come from). More staccato! More commanding! More warm! Less disjointed!...Ummm, do you just want me to do Xena? Ahh, yes! That's it, do Xena! The voice is perfect! So warm, so commanding, so...yeah, yeah, let's get on with it.

It was actually really fun. At last I have done something my friends can actually watch. My son is gratified that I am not playing a bad guy. He can't stand me going to BSG every day to be mean to humans.

Oh well, it's a living!

Other characters that have been cast: Michael Rosenbaum will voice Tanis Half-Elven, Jason Marsden will voice Tasslehoff Burrfoot.
The animation for the film will be a 2D/3D hybrid style which should look similar to that of the Dragonlance comics.

The studios are targeting a PG-13 rating. Previously reported possibilities for a Dragonlance movie, including a Canadian-based film and/or a Henson Muppet project are dead in the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home