11.29.2004

MUSTHAVENOW

Yes, it's heresy, but Return of the King is by far my least favorite of the Lord of the Rings films (I'm, um, "Fuckleberry Hinn" in that link). It just left me all eh and hm, felt rushed yet long, preoccupied with the wrong things - although the premiere party was cool. Shook hands with Ian McKellen! Shared a ride with Christopher Lloyd! Wondered how the hell David Hasslehoff got invited!

Had the theatrical version contained any of the additional footage seen in this mindblowing preview of the Special Edition DVD (due in stores December 15, which feels like a million years from now), I would have been singing a different tune. Dangling loose ends tied! Unwarranted feelings explained! Missing scenes restored! DRAGONS!

I almost cried when I watched this. May have even got a little aroused.

Santa, ya listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home